Preparing for your mobility

Once you receive the Letter of Acceptance to the Program, the next step will be to prepare your arrival.

You need to handle a number of important issues and we invite you to read carefully information linked to your mobility, enrolment and stay in the country of study.

IPCV partner universities will help you to prepare local administrative issues (looking for an accommodation, registering with Local Authorities, enrolling at the university of study),to get used with student facilities (university restaurants, libraries, Internet, sport, service for the disabled, student associations, etc.)and to discover city cultural and social life (integration activities, Buddy programmes, etc.).

Candidates who plan to come with Family members (married candidates, candidates with children) or with special needs, i.e. who have serious health conditions and/or physical disabilities that should be taken into account, are invited to inform in advance the University of Study.


The IPCV Consortium concluded a partnership with the Marsh Company. Students will be provided with detailed information and individual contracts during the welcome days. 


The IPCV Office does no manage the booking or pre-payment of travel tickets. 

Non-EU students are requested to apply for an international passport before arriving in the country of study. 

EU students are required to hold a valid identity card to travel within the Shengen Space countries.

You should keep in mind that specific goods may be banned or restricted when travelling through the European Union. When arriving at the airport overseas you must go through Customs.

You should travel with your Vaccination Book (updated with tetanus vaccine). If the country of origin has recently been hit by an epidemic, specific vaccinations may be required before entering into the country of study.

Visa and residence permit  (procedure per country)

Since Visa application may be a time-consuming process, we encourage students to start their application at least 3 months before their arrival in the country of study.

Non-EU students who are planning to study in Europe must schedule an appointment with the nearest Consulate of the country they will study in, to get information about what they need to do to obtain a Schengen Visa type D for study purpose, when they are intending to stay more than 3 months.


How to apply for a visa:

Residence Permit for the Purpose of Studies:

Registration card for EEA Nationals:    


We recommend that if you are interested in beginning any immigration process that you regularly consult the web pages of the Police (Brigada de Extranjería) and of the Ministries of Eduction, Work and Foreign Affairs. To complement them, the Welcome Office will offer personalized assistance to all those that require it.


Within 3 months upon arrival, Non-European citizens will receive an invitation letter from the OFII(Office français de l’immigration et de l’intégration) to go through mandatory procedures such as visa validation and if applicable medical visit. 

Visa fees: 60€-100€

Accommodation (help finding accommodation)


Student buddy system

Buddies are students from the universities who welcome international students and help them throughout their mobility period. Their task starts before the students arrive: they answer questions concerning finding a place to live, getting around the city, choosing the best suitable courses, helping in enrolment to the Faculty etc.

The first few weeks said to be the hardest for foreign students, facing a different country, unknown language and new habits, not to mention the different education system. That is why the student buddy system exists. On the other hand, having this enthusiastic student circle may come in useful in making friends in the local student community.