The programme gives the students theoretical and practical knowledge allowing them to adapt to any kind of job related to image processing and computer vision. The graduates have the following skills:
- Development, strategic planning, coordination, and technical management of projects
- Design, implement, deploy and debug applications
- Formulate correct opinions and reviews to make efficient decisions
- Analyze and detect the information needs that arise in a scientific and technological environment
- Understand and solve emerging problems and raise original ideas
- Tackle various applications: medicine, security, privacy preservation, and social networks quality…
- Respect scientific ethics in all circumstances
- Ability to work in team
- Communicate in English: prepare, discuss, write and defend for scientific and technical projects
The scientific learning outcomes can be summarized as follows:
- Strong background in mathematics and signal processing
- Excellent knowledge on methods in image processing and computer vision
- Aware of the needs in the field and efficiency to provide some solutions
- Good programming skills in C, C++, Java, Matlab
Students enrolled in the programme become rapidly aware of the needs within the field of image processing and computer vision, as well as becoming effective in providing solutions. Their skills will greatly benefit industry.
The tutored research and development projects allow students to prepare themselves for their training period. At the same time, students have the opportunity to meet with companies during each semester of the programme, thereby improving their employability and reinforcing their motivation to enter the professional world. A 3-ECTS course is also dedicated to project management, to prepare students to join or even lead groups of employees. Finally, the last semester of the curriculum is entirely dedicated to a training period in either the public or the private sector.
Thanks to their knowledge of industrial needs and the high-quality instruction they have received, our graduates will be able to:
- Develop image- and video-related software for small and large companies.
- Propose innovative algorithms to solve new problems arising as visual technologies continue to evolve.
- Join and even lead project teams.
- Continue as PhD students by joining top-level multidisciplinary research teams, either at laboratories or in companies’ research departments.